The Kawasaki difference
This is our proof
The 2017 KX™450F motorcycle is the most powerful, lightweight, and agile KX450F ever. Developed from the highest levels of racing, this championship bike has advanced technology sourced straight from the world’s premier race team—another reason why the KX450F is The Bike That Builds Champions.
• FI calibration kit (handheld)
Handheld FI calibration kit eliminates need for laptop and 12V battery at the track
Allows the user to adjust fuel and ignition settings for ultimate performance
Can store up to seven preset maps for different tracks
• Adjustable ergonomics
Adjustable four-position handlebar moves the handlebar towards or away from your body
Two-position adjustable footpegs help reduce knee angle when seated
• Agressive bodywork
New bodywork is lighter weight with aggressive styling
Flatter seat makes it easier to change riding position
Smoother, seamless surface at the rider’s contact points
• DFI® couplers
Factory-tuned power settings with plug-and-play versatility
Select a coupler to access one of the three different preset engine maps
Standard, hard and soft terrain setting options
• New Slimmer, Lighter Chassis
Much lighter aluminum perimeter frame for sharper handling
New forged down-tube for increased rigidity and front end feel
Slimmer perimeter spars and narrow shrouds allow easier rider movement
Optimized rigidity in a new swingarm to improve rear wheel traction
• Advanced fuel mapping technology - The KX™450F motorcycle features several advanced ignition and fuel-mapping systems for precise adjustability.
• Championship-Proven Power - The 2017 KX™450F motorcycle is lightweight and powerful due to innovative race-proven components. Pick a category to start exploring.
• Chassis and bodywork - The slim, lightweight, aluminum perimeter frame and revised triple clamps contribute to agile handling while a flat seat profile and integrated bodywork facilitate easy rider movement and a championship fit.
• Launch control mode -
Race-team-derived feature for grabbing the holeshot
Engages with a press of a button
Functions in first and second gear
Precise ignition timing helps ensure quicker acceleration with less slippage
• Showa SFF-Air TAC Fork - Lightweight design with tuned rigidity to match chassis dynamics and optimize front end feel
Features low-friction fork seals and optimized valve settings for smooth action and progressive damping
• This Is Our Proof - The 2017 KX™450F motorcycle is the most powerful, lightweight, and agile KX450F ever. Developed from the highest levels of racing, this championship bike has advanced technology sourced straight from the world’s premier race team—another reason why the KX450F is The Bike That Builds Champions.