Advanced Dual Sport
Offers high-end components and performance for one of the most advanced dual sport bikes. Ideal for those who ride off-road more than on.
• 6-Speed Transmission - Six-speed gearbox provides a wide spread of ratios, with shower-type lubrication for reliability. A special light-action clutch makes shifting a snap.
• Advanced Swingarm - Asymmetrical swingarm provides excellent strength/rigidity balance and a dynamic look. Cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle are carefully tuned for optimum handling.
• Advanced, High-Revving Cylinder Design - Pentroof combustion chamber with downdraft-type straight intake helps make excellent power across the rev band, with maximum power at 10,000 rpm.
• Coil-On-Plug Ignition - Direct ignition coil sits atop the spark plug—another first on a Yamaha on-off road model.
• Compact Bodywork - Minimalist front and rear fenders are designed for function, simplicity, and lightness. Bodywork with separate radiator heat outlet helps keep engine and rider cool.
• Compact Engine - Three-axis engine layout keeps the engine compact. Wet sump tucks between frame rails to keep the engine height down.
• Compact Muffler - Tucked-in, three-chamber muffler helps keep mass centralized and the bike quiet.
• Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes - Wave brake rotors front and rear, including a large 250mm front disc, reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Rear pedal is forged aluminum.
• Durable Engine Internals - High-lift cams have WPC surface treatment in which the surface is sprayed with fine powder at over 100 meters per second to increase surface hardness.
• Enduro Instruments - WR enduro-style instrument panel provides excellent visibility in spite of the compact size. Basic mode provides speed, clock, tripmeter and self-diagnostic function. Measurement mode includes a stopwatch and distance-compensating tripmeter.
• EXUP® Exhaust - An ECU-controlled EXUP® exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband.
• Fuel Injection - First use of fuel injection on a 250 Yamaha on/off-road bike. The system relies on input from a crank sensor, intake air pressure sensor and throttle position sensor feeding a compact ECU to provide optimum combustion.
• Fully Adjustable Forks - Fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel. A forged lower triple clamp and a cast upper one help give outstanding front-end feel. An aluminum steering stem reduces weight.
• High-Performance Generator - Rare earth-type ACM alternator keeps the weight down while providing all the current needed to run the FI and lighting systems.
• High-Tech Four-Stroke Powerplant - 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts, forged piston and plated cylinder for outstanding durability.
• High-Visibility Lighting - Lightweight headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
• Linkage-Style Shock - Linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.6 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload—and features a 14mm rod and 46mm cylinder for excellent damping and fade resistance.
• Narrow, Rider-Focused Ergonomics - A slim, steel fuel tank is shaped with knee grip in mind, and the entire ergonomic layout is designed to make the rider feel like part of the bike.
• Off-Road Focused Performance - Not exactly an enduro model and not a streetbike either, the WR250R is for riders who ride off-road more than on.
• Racing-Derived Saddle - Narrow, YZ-inspired seat features gripper-type cover for great seat-of-the-pants feel. Seat height is 36.6 inches.
• YZ-F Developed Dual Sport - Directly descended from our YZ motocrossers and WR off-road machines, the WR250R is here to make Yamaha’s off-road prowess street accessible.
• YZ-Style Chassis - YZ/WR250-inspired semi-double-cradle frame uses a main frame of cast and forged aluminum sections, with high-strength steel downtubes for excellent strength and rigidity characteristics.