Inventory Unit Detail
2020 Yamaha YZ85
Call for Price
Glider City Powersports
2020 YAMAHA YZ 85 is here come check them out 607-734-1223
Victory… Never Given Always Earned
Step up to the perfect bike and earn victory after victory aboard this lightweight, 2‑stroke that boasts reliability and agility.
- YPVS™ Two-Stroke Power: The 85cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm.
- Fully-Adjustable Suspension: Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features low-friction outer tubes, plenty of travel, and external compression and rebound damping adjustability, mated to a race-proven fully-adjustable rear shock.
- High-Spec Wheels and Brakes: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance, utilize big 220mm and 190mm disc brakes for precise control, and feature Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies for exceptional traction.
- Adjustable Rider Ergonomics: The four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebar allow the rider to tune the ergonomics to suit their size and preferences.
- Potent YPVS Two-Stroke Engine: The 85cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm—improving driveability and reducing the need for frequent shifting.
- Tuned Crankcase and Intake: The crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for improved gas flow, which inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor for seamless throttle response.
- Tuned Expansion Chamber: Carefully matched to suit the YPVS engine, the exhaust expansion chamber optimizes gas flow for enhanced power delivery, especially in the low- and mid-range.
- Durable Transmission: The transmission features oversized gears to provide enhanced gear engagement and smoother shifts.
- High Capacity Radiator: Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- High-Flow Airbox: Airbox design ensures excellent air cleaning performance and easy maintenance.
- Fully-Adjustable Fork: The lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability complete with low-friction outer tubes and internals. Damping settings offer enhanced performance across a range of conditions and rider abilities.
- Fully-Adjustable Shock: Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression valving. The progressive linkage-type design improves bottoming resistance, allowing racers to charge harder and improve lap times.
- Refined Swingarm Design: The YZ85's modern swingarm features a composite chain guide as well as push-style chain adjusters like the YZ125 for easier maintenance.
- Lightweight Subframe: Compact rear subframe is removable for simplified servicing.
- Large-Diameter Brakes: Big wave-style brake discs offer improved self-cleaning and cooler-running performance. The 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- High Performance Tires: Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies provide exceptional traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Adjustable Rider Ergonomics: Four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebar allow the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences. The flat fuel tank, side panels and rear fender provide generous freedom of movement.
- Engine Type: 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.2~9.6:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 190mm
- Tires / Front: 70/100-17 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Tires / Rear: 90/100-14 Dunlop® MX3S®
- L x W x H: 71.7 in. x 29.9 in. x 45.1 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.3 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Wet Weight: 161 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 220mm
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 190mm
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 161 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- 49.4 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 3.5 in.
- 26.3 deg.
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)