2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
Go Further, Do More
The all‑new Wolverine X2 is the ultimate adventure partner, and the perfect trail exploring companion in tight, technical terrain.
- Real World Tech: Yamaha's advantages in the side-by-side industry are easily seen in the technology that comes standard with every Wolverine X2™: plush adjustable suspension, driver-centric On-Command® 4WD, ultra-reliable Ultramatic® CVT and industry-leading, speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering.
- Potent 847cc Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: Featuring drive-by-wire throttle, a 270-degree crankshaft design and lightweight internals, the Wolverine X2 shares technology with Yamaha's class-leading sportbikes, for thrilling performance on every ride with unmatched smoothness and refinement.
- Adventure Pro Ready: The Wolverine X2 comes pre-wired for Yamaha's exclusive Adventure Pro™ GPS system, unlocking the next level of trail-ready navigation. Combining high-precision GPS with social integration and vehicle information, the Adventure Pro system redefines ‘state of the art.'
- Versatility Unequaled: The Wolverine X2 offers a balance of work-ready functionality, refined comfort and trail-proven capability that makes Yamaha the ultimate outdoor adventure partner.
- Spacious, Flexible Ergonomics: With high-back seats, shoulder bolsters and plenty of legroom, the Wolverine X2 offers comfortable, secure seating for whatever and wherever your next adventure takes you.
- Smooth and Powerful Twin-Cylinder Engine: The Wolverine X2 is powered by an 847cc DOHC, eight-valve, parallel twin-cylinder motor that features the full range of Yamaha's advanced performance technologies. Forged pistons and connecting rods ensure durable high-rpm performance, with Yamaha's 270° Crossplane Concept Crankshaft for linear torque development and excellent power throughout the rpm range. To improve efficiency, the engine features a dry-sump design for a more compact layout and offset cylinder block to reduce friction loss, while rubber engine mounts and a geared counterbalancer ensures smooth running from idle to redline.
- Ultramatic Transmission: Yamaha's Ultramatic transmission is the most advanced—and durable—CVT drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch delivers natural all-wheel engine braking. In the Wolverine X2, a robust clutching system features an oversized belt for durability under aggressive riding, while still maintaining low cruising rpm for smooth, quiet running.
- On-Command 4WD: Yamaha's renowned On-Command 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD. Unlike competitors' automatic 4WD systems, On-Command puts the driver in full control to make the most of available traction in any sort of terrain.
- Compact and Nimble Chassis: Designed for maneuverability, the Wolverine X2 chassis is super agile, making tight trails a breeze, with lightweight steering to select the ideal line when tackling obstacles. With an upswept underbody design and wide-arc A-arms, the Wolverine X2 boasts big approach and departure angles to clear challenging terrain, with plenty of clearance to get in and out of the most remote areas.
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T): The Wolverine X2 engine utilizes YCC-T®, a drive-by-wire system that converts the driver's commands into precise throttle control—Real World Tech for impeccable engine response. Throttle response is further improved thanks to a ‘high-response' servo motor for ultrafast throttle application, 12-hole fuel injectors and a high-volume airbox with two-stage air filtration.
- Plush Suspension: The Wolverine X2 features well-damped suspension at all four corners, for improved chassis control and handling feel. Built for Yamaha by KYB®, these shocks give the X2 a flexible, balanced ride character, whether the day calls for cargo carrying or trail blasting.
- Class-Leading Electric Power Steering: Yamaha's Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides the industry's best balance of steering assist and positive feedback from the trail, with light steering, speed-sensitive steering response, and minimal fatigue.
- Powerful All-Wheel Disc Brakes: Large 207mm vented disc brakes with two-piston calipers provide exceptional stopping power on all four wheels, with excellent feel and minimal noise.
- Maximum Versatility: The Wolverine X2 features an all-new tilting cargo bed to simplify hauling duties. Built with hydraulic assistance and a robust latch system, the bed transports up to 600 pounds, with multiple tie-down points to secure cargo or attach accessories. Add in a full 2,000 pounds of towing capacity thanks to the standard 2-in receiver, and the Wolverine is ready to get to work when you are.
- Adventure Pro Ready: The Wolverine X2 comes pre-wired for Yamaha's exclusive Adventure Pro GPS system, unlocking the next level of trail-ready navigation. This state-of-the-art GPS unit combines a range of functions into a single rugged 7-in full-color display. Search, download, record and share trail routes. Challenge your friends to time trials on saved courses. And with Yamaha's uniquely integrated software, the Adventure Pro system also communicates with the Wolverine's ECU to display vehicle data and warnings with exceptional clarity.
- Roomy, Practical Ergonomics: With high-backed seats, each with shoulder bolsters and automotive-style three-point seat belts, the Wolverine X2 provides a comfortable perch for driver and passenger. Multiple cup holders, high-traction floorboards and adjustable driver seat and steering column round out the amenities.
- Smooth, Quiet Powertrain: Thanks to helical-cut drivetrain gearing, the rubber-mounted and counterbalanced engine, and a variety of noise- and vibration-reducing inserts around the cabin, the Wolverine X2 is one of the smoothest and quietest recreational side-by-sides ever built. Sneak through trails without disturbing nearby animals, or simply enjoy the improved refinement after a long day riding on the trail.
- Ultra-Quiet Cabin: The Wolverine X2 is one of the smoothest and quietest side-by-sides ever made. Noise, vibration and harshness—NVH in engineering terms—is minimalized thanks to the refinement of the twin-cylinder powerplant as well as an array of specially-formed body panels and insulating dampers throughout the chassis.
- Plush Suspension: Thanks to the well-developed suspension tuning, the Wolverine X2 provides a plush, well-damped riding feel that further improves cabin comfort.
- Superior Mud Protection: Full-enclosed doors and high, wide fenders ensure that mud, rocks and sticks all stay outside the cabin so you and your passenger can enjoy the ride even more.
- LED Lighting: The Wolverine X2 features LED headlights and taillights, for brilliant visibility, long life and minimal power draw.
- Accessory Ready: With nearly 600 watts of electrical output from the engine, a standard 12V DC port and multiple pre-wired accessory switches, the Wolverine X2 is ready for a wide range of accessories and add-ons.
- Industry's Most Durable CVT: The Wolverine X2 transmission uses its own cooling intake to maintain proper temperatures, an oversized belt to handle the torque of the large motor, and Yamaha's unique sprag clutch to maintain constant belt tension—the end result is a drivetrain built for years of trouble-free service that leaves the competition in the dust.
- Reliable Engine Lubrication and Cooling: With a large oil capacity circulating in the dry-sump system, a liquid-cooled oil cooler, and a large radiator with integrated blower, the Wolverine X2 powerplant is able to handle the toughest jobs without complaint.
- Full Underbody Skid Plates: Skid plates protect the entire underbody of the Wolverine X2, from the front differential to the rear gear case, to ensure gnarly terrain doesn't stop you. And as with other Yamaha machines, the skid plates include convenient service points to access fluid drain locations without removing the guards.
- Speed Management System: The Wolverine X2 also comes standard with a Speed Management System which allows the owner to limit the vehicle to a top speed of 25 mph, ideal for work sites or other special operating conditions.
- Complete Instrumentation: The all-digital meter gives the driver a complete picture at a glance, with a large dimmable readout. Vehicle status and warnings are clearly displayed, along with easily accessible odometers and trip and hour meters. And with the Adventure Pro system installed, additional vehicle data is clearly displayed on a brilliantly crisp, full-color 7-in display.
- Built Real World Tough™, Assembled in the USA: As with other Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Wolverine X2 is assembled in the USA to meet Yamaha's exacting standards for durability and reliability.
- Engine Type: 847cc parallel-twin, liquid-cooled, DOHC; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 82.0mm x 80.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® fuel injection with YCC-T, dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Final Drive: On-Command 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, full diff-lock 4WD
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar; 8.7 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, self-adjusting shock absorbers; 8.9 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Dual hydraulic disc, shaft-mounted parking brake
- Tires / Front: AT26 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU75
- Tires / Rear: AT26 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU76
- L x W x H: 115.0 in. x 59.1 in. x 74.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 82.7 in.
- Turning Radius: 177.0 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.2 gal.
- Wet Weight: 1541 lb.
- Bed Capacity: 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner's manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin, DOHC; 8 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 82.0mm x 80.2mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® fuel injection with YCC-T, dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- AT26 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU75
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, self-adjusting shock absorbers
- Rear Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, shaft-mounted parking brake
- Rear Tire
- AT26 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU76
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1541 lb.
- 82.7 in.
- Front Travel
- 8.7 in.
- Rear Travel
- 8.9 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.2 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 2000 lb.
- Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Drive System
- On-Command 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, full diff-lock 4WD
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)